The following Terms & Conditions apply when booking a flight with Punta Cana Helicopters:
- All tours are sold on a per seat basis. All flights are confirmed with a minimum of 2 passengers unless otherwise stated.
- Minimum numbers do not apply to private charter flights.
- Single passengers are welcome; however the flight is not confirmed until a second passenger is travelling.
When booking please provide:
- Date of tour
- Tour name
- Passenger(s) first name and last name
- Number of passenger(s) travelling
- If children are travelling please specify age
- Passenger(s) weight
- Passenger(s) hotel name & room number – for courtesy transfer (only CBD locations)
- Credit card details
- Email address
- Mobile phone number
Please advise the level of assistance required for any disabled passengers and whether the passengers are in a wheelchair so that we can accommodate their needs with ease.
- Pregnant passengers are welcome to fly at their own risk. We advise that passengers seek approval from their doctor or GP.
- Please note that all passengers are required to wear a seatbelt during flight regardless of their medical condition.
- Sydney HeliTours accepts no responsibility for any adverse effect on the passenger or the unborn child due to the nature of the flight.
Child and Infant Policy:
- An infant is a passenger who has not yet reached his or her 2nd birthday. Infants will not be carried in company aircraft unless accompanied by one parent or a responsible adult. The infant may be carried in the arms of, or on the lap of an adult passenger, in an approved infant seat, or in a bassinet.
- Infants will not be carried in company aircraft on publicly available shared flights. If flying with infants the aircraft must be private hired.
- A child is a passenger who has reached their 3rd but not their 13th birthday and will occupy their own seat on the aircraft. The child must be accompanied by an adult on the flight.
Weight Restrictions and Surcharge:
- For legal and safety reasons, all passengers are weighed prior to boarding the aircraft.
- Individual weights in excess of 136kg (or 300lb) will incur a surcharge.
- Couples with a combined weight of over 200kg (440lbs / 31st) will incur a surcharge.
- Accurate individual passenger weights MUST be provided at the time of booking. Failure to provide accurate weights may result in the passenger(s) being unable to fly or further costs to the passenger(s) to proceed with the planned flight or aircraft upgrade. This is all based on safety and will never be compromised. Punta Cana Helicopters will take no responsibility for any costs associated with the passenger(s) being unable to take their flight if inaccurate weights are provided. If passenger(s) are unable to fly due to inaccurate weights no refund will be given.
Cancelling and Booking:
- Cancellation within 48hrs of flight departure time – incurs 100% of flight cost
- Changes of flight time or date within 24 hours is not available
- If passengers elect not to travel due to weather but flights are still operational, 100% cancellation fee will apply.
- We understand that the unfortunate situation of guest illness does occasionally occur and all efforts will be made to reschedule the guest to an alternate day, subject to availability. However if cancellation due to illness is made on the day of the tour, no refund will be given.
- If cancellation is made by the guest with more than 48 hours notice, no cancellation charge applies.
Guest No Show:
- In the event of a guest’s non-appearance for a pick up or flight, a 100% cancellation fee will be applied.
- If the flight is booked through a third party, the third party will be contacted immediately in writing to advise of the no show and of applicable charges.
- If you have booked direct with us, your credit card will be debited for the relevant cancellation fee.
- In the interest of safety, all of our tours and charters operate weather pending. Weather conditions such as low cloud, fog, gusty winds, or electrical storms present in the area of the flight path may require either cancellation or rescheduling of the booking.
Flights can still operate in wet weather as visibility may still be good.
- Should guests wish to cancel their flight within 48 hours prior of their departure time due to weather but the flight can operate safely and the visibility is good, a 100% cancellation fee will apply.
- If Punta Cana Helicopters cancels a flight due to inclement weather, the customer will not incur a cancellation charge and all endeavors will be made to reschedule the flight to another time to suit the guests availability.
- Punta Cana Helicopters will not be held liable for costs associated with airfares, accommodation or anything else due to helicopter flights which do not proceed as booked.
Mini Bus Transfers:
- Minibus transfers are complimentary and available to and from select locations in the Area of Punta Cana and Bavaro only – subject to availability.
- Minibus transfers operate based on a fixed timetable independent of our helicopter flying schedule. Therefore, guests may encounter a waiting period before or after their flight. Alternatively, a taxi can be ordered by our staff upon request at the customers own expense.
We always endeavor to deliver our products as described in any of our advertising material or flight confirmations; however sights, flight paths and flight times may vary due to weather, air traffic control, or pilot discretion.
Although Punta Cana Helicopters will endeavor to fly all guests at their pre-arranged times-lot, we cannot always guarantee flight departure and arrival times due to factors beyond our control. Restrictions imposed by Air Traffic Control and temporary inclement weather conditions may delay our flight schedule.
Aircraft weight and balance requirements are strictly adhered to according to CASA regulations. The total payload available when chartering the helicopter is a combination of passengers, baggage and cargo expressed as the total payload available in kilograms. Punta Cana Helicopters is not authorized to carry dangerous goods.
This policy describes Punta Cana Helicopters practices regarding personally identifiable information and data (“personal information”). This policy applies to our websites, emails, newsletters, bookings & inquiry information, and social media accounts (the “Platforms”). When you use the Platforms, you agree to the terms in this policy.
The categories of Personal Information we collect
Inquiry information: If you choose to contact our company via e mail, via our website through our booking, registration or skills forms, phone or in person we will retain information specific to your inquiry and your contact information. By agreeing to our Terms and Conditions you are agreeing to our company storing this information.
Booking information: If you book a product via e mail, our website, phone or in person, we require Personal Information from you. This information includes your name, age, birthday, gender, email address, telephone number, emergency contact information and medical information. By agreeing to our Terms and Conditions you are agreeing to our company storing this information.
Medical and health information: If you make a booking we are required to ask you to disclose any medical conditions, injuries or medication you are taking. This information will be shared with your guide. By agreeing to our Terms and Conditions you are agreeing to our company storing this information.
Third Party Platforms: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Google Analytics. When you visit our platforms, we have access to data through these third party providers. Some of it may be personal information. This information can include search history, referring website, access times, locations, gender and time spent on our website. We may access this information however we do not store personal information from Third Party Platforms.
When you give us personal information, you are telling us that the information is true, accurate, complete and current. You are also telling us that you have the authorization to provide it to us.
How we collect your Personal Information
Personal Information directly from you: This is collected through e mail, via our website through our booking, registration or skills forms, by phone or in person.
When you provide us with your e mail address we will ask if you wish to receive newsletter updates.
Personal information we receive from third parties: We have access to your personal information from third parties. This can include when you log in using a third party platform, such as Facebook, Instagram and through Google Analytics. We do not store any personal information we receive from third parties.
What we use your Personal Information for
Your personal information may be used in the following ways:
Bookings: We use your personal information to process your bookings, to communicate important information about your booking and store Personal Information about you relevant to our Safety Management System.
Inquiries: We use your Personal Information to communicate with you about current or past inquiries.
Newsletters: We use Personal Information such as your e mail address to send our newsletters informing you of the latest news from our company. You will be asked if you wish to receive our newsletters.
Improving our services: To provide you with and improve our products and services.
Marketing purposes: These activities may include:
Display more relevant advertising. This advertising may be shown to you on our Platforms as well as third party platforms (including social media sites) and include information or offers that we believe you will find interesting.
You can request not to have your Personal Information retained when you make contact with our company.
You can choose to have your Personal Information removed from our database upon completion of your booking.
You can choose to accept Newsletters from our company.
How we share your Personal Information
Punta Cana Helicopters staff: We are required to share your personal information with your guide who will perform services on the companies behalf and have agreed in writing to protect and not further disclose your information. Informing your guide of client Personal Information is a key part of our Company Safety Management System. Examples of information shared with your guide will be your name, age, gender, past experience, dietary requirement, medical history and any other information your guide should be aware of that may affect your trip.
Information shared in public: If you provide us a review and photos of your trip we will ask for your permission to use them on our Platforms such as our Website. By sharing this information you also authorize us to store it in our database.
Authorities: We may disclose personal information if required by law, for example to law enforcement or other authorities This includes court orders, subpoenas and orders arising from legal processes, and administrative or criminal investigations. We may also disclose your personal information if the disclosure is necessary for the prevention, detection or prosecution of criminal acts or to prevent other damage, or in response to a legal action or to enforce our rights and claims.
How we store and protect your Personal Information
Our office is located in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. By providing us Personal Information, you agree that your personal information may be stored in this location. Dominican Republic may have different and/or less stringent privacy/data protection and data security rules than those of your own country. As a result, your Personal Information may be subject to access requests from governments, courts, or law enforcement in those countries according to laws in those countries. Subject to the applicable laws in such other countries, we will provide the necessary safeguards to maintain protections of your personal information, e.g. by obtaining from the data recipients contractual commitments based on the EU General Data Protection Regulations.
Personal Information may only be accessed by persons within our organisation. We store Personal Information securely within our office.
Information collected by third party Platforms are held in accordance with:
We will retain your personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations unless you request for it to be removed from our database.
We retain Personal Information from persons under 18 years of age with consent from a parent or legal guardian.
Your rights with respect to personal information
You are entitled at any time to obtain information about your personal information that we store.
You may request that we rectify any of your Personal Information that is incomplete or incorrect.
You may request that we delete your Personal Information.
You may object, at any time, to your Personal Information being processed for direct marketing purposes.
How to contact us:
To exercise your rights, or if you have questions about our privacy practices or need assistance with exercising or understanding your privacy choices, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org